NOW Foods - Certified Organic Inulin Prebiotic Pure Powder Intestinal Support - 1 lb. (454 g)
Inulin, a fructooligosaccharide (FOS), is a soluble prebiotic fiber that is resistant to digestion and reaches the large intestine essentially intact. Intestinal probiotic bacteria consume Inulin and in turn, produce the short-chain fatty acids that nourish the cells lining the colon. Inulin thus helps to maintain intestinal health and function. Inulin has a pleasant flavor that adds a mild sweetness to foods and drinks, but has a very low glycemic index and will not negatively impact serum glucose levels.
This product is sold by weight not volume. Natural color variation may occur in this product.
- Prebiotic Pure Powder
- Nourishes Friendly Bacteria
- Very Low Glycemic Index
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
Healthy Digestion = Happy People
Our digestive system works hard every day to break down the foods we eat into nutrients and waste for delivery to the appropriate areas. This important task is a lot easier with the support of a healthy, nutritious diet and regular exercise, something we all get plenty of, right? Well, maybe not.
Even if you do exercise often and enjoy a healthy diet, you may still be missing out on specific nutrients that support normal, healthy digestive functions. Many of the foods we eat today have reduced nutrient content, in addition to preservatives, additives, artificial flavors, colors, and a host of other unnatural chemicals that can tax your poor digestive system to its limit and beyond on a daily basis.
Think cumulatively and it's no wonder digestive complaints are so prevalent these days. We're just not doing a very good job taking care of our digestive systems.
A Healthy Helping of Digestive Support
Guess what? There's a supplement for that. Actually, lots of supplements including enzymes, probiotics, vitamins and other specialized nutrients that can help keep you healthy and your digestive system doing what it does best.
So what nutrients should you get from your diet and your digestive supplements to maintain healthy digestive function?
- Enzymes – As stated above, even if you're eating a healthy diet you may still be missing out on important nutrients, one of the most important of which is digestive enzymes. While our body typically makes sufficient enzymes to digest the foods we eat, the additives, preservative and other compounds found in our foods can upset digestive balance, so quality digestive enzyme supplements are one of the easiest and most effective ways to maintain a good balance of digestive enzymes and normal digestive function.
- Probiotics – Most of us don't realize that our digestive system, specifically our intestinal tract, is home to trillions of beneficial bacteria called probiotics or probiotic organisms. They assist in the digestion of food and are believed to support healthy immune system function as well. Probiotic supplements are a great way to support healthy digestive function.
- Vitamins – Vitamins are essential for all bodily functions, so it's no surprise they're needed to maintain a healthy digestive tract. B vitamins play a supporting role by virtue of their essential functions in the generation of energy from the foods we eat. Vitamin C is an important nutrient for all tissues, including those found in the digestive tract. Vitamin supplements also represent a concentrated source of essential nutrients in a form that is easy for your body to absorb and utilize.
- Minerals – There are a number of dietary minerals that are important for healthy, normal digestive function. Potassium and other electrolyte minerals are necessary for smooth muscle contraction and relaxation, which is how your intestines eliminate waste. Other minerals play important roles in digestion as well.
- Herbs – Throughout history traditional herbalists have sworn by the digestive benefits of bitter herbs; basically any herb with a bitter, mouth-puckering flavor. They're believed to stimulate production of various digestive secretions such as bile, which can help speed up digestion and keep things progressing smoothly and comfortably through the digestive tract. Gentian and dandelion are two bitter herbs that may help support normal digestion.
- Aloe Vera - Aloe is a succulent plant that's commonly used topically for skin discomfort. Aloe gel and juice are also believed to help soothe occasional digestive discomfort.
- Dietary Fiber - The main role of fiber in the diet is to feed the bacteria in the gut, which keep the cells healthy through numerous mechanisms, including the production of butyrate, which fuels the cells of the intestinal lining. Fiber also stimulates peristalsis, keeping everything moving along.
NOW digestive support
Digestive health is an extremely important aspect of your overall health, so NOW goes to great lengths to produce digestive supplements that provide comprehensive nutritional support for every aspect of healthy digestion. NOW Foods tests to ensure potency and purity, and every formula they manufacture is made with NOW's unwavering commitment to quality.
|NOW Foods - Certified Organic Inulin Prebiotic Pure Powder Intestinal Support - 1 lb. (454 g)
|Other Ingredients: None.
Not manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Do not eat freshness packet enclosed.